Community Development Officer (101348)
* $89,704pa pro rata (Band 6), plus super* Temporary Part Time, 22.8 hours per week, maternity leave replacement until February 2023
Hume City Council is seeking a community development professional to provide leadership, expertise and guidance in the area of community safety and crime prevention. The successful applicant will be responsible for implementing the key actions from Safe in Hume: Our Community Safety Plan 2020 - 2022 as well as planning, developing and implementing a variety of community safety programs and events.
The person would have a degree or equivalent qualification in Social Sciences, Community Development or a related field, with a focus on community development or planning.
- Demonstrated experience of Community Development principles and practices, especially within the areas of community safety and crime prevention.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Council departments and a broad range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to plan, implement, report on and evaluate projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to conduct research and analyse and present data.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion and the principles of gender equality.
Our Council recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians.
We have zero tolerance for child abuse and adhere to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislation. Our people are required to observe child safe requirements and support the safety, participation, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
We offer flexible work arrangements and a range of other employee benefits to support employee's work life balance.
For further information please view position description or contact Cecilia Brady on 0418 590 724.