Town Planners (101202 & 102140)
* $75,452pa (Band 5), plus super * Permanent Full time
Hume City Council has an exciting opportunity for two Town Planners to join our busy Statutory Planning team. These positions will play a central role in achieving Hume's development planning objectives. Your understanding of planning processes within Victoria and knowledge of the theory and practice of town planning are key prerequisites.
We can offer you a varied caseload of planning applications that very few other Councils can match, along with excellent opportunities for professional development and growth.
Reporting to the Coordinator Statutory Planning, you will contribute positively to a friendly office culture, as well as possess a strong desire to be involved in the identification and formulation of process improvements to improve the efficiency of the Planning team and the service provided to our customers.
- The successful completion of a tertiary qualification in Town Planning or a closely related discipline.
- A knowledge of Town Planning legislation, principles, processes and policies.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and manage and organise one's own work to achieve the desired result.
- An ability to solve problems, carry out effective research and an understanding of the consequences of any planning proposal within a strategic framework.
- Local government experience is advantageous.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion and the principles of gender equality.
Our Council recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians.
We have zero tolerance for child abuse and adhere to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislation. Our people are required to observe child safe requirements and support the safety, participation, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
We offer flexible work arrangements and a range of other employee benefits to support employee's work life balance.
For further information please view position description or contact Henry Dong on 9205 2876.