Advisor, Digital and Social (100534)
*$89,704 pa (Band 6), plus super *Temporary full time, until May 2022
Join the energetic Digital and Social team at Hume City Council to help tell our story and raise awareness of the diverse range of work our organisation does.
As Advisor, Digital and Social, you'll establish a reputation across the organisation as a trusted advisor for planning and delivering digital and social communications that make an impact.
Working for an organisation that delivers more than 100 different services, we promise that no day will ever feel the same! In this role you will:
- Proactively develop and deliver Council's external digital and social communications activities to raise awareness of Council services, programs, projects, initiatives and events.
- Provide strategic advice and support across the organisation to evolve Council's digital and social presence to ensure those channels are engaging, innovative, targeted, appropriate and cost-effective.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of digital communication projects.
- Provide advice to ensure communications are appropriate, branded, relevant and targeted, and achieve the strategic objectives of Hume City Council.
- Provide advice to safeguard and enhance Council's reputation by identifying issues, risks and opportunities.
- Support the management of the Strategic Communications Department through compliance with organisation processes and procedures and develop and implement policies, procedures and systems to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of Council's external digital communications.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or extensive demonstrated experience in communications, public relations or marketing or a similar field.
- Demonstrated significant experience in the planning, development, execution and evaluation of communications strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and innovating digital communication channels.
- A strong understanding of local, state and federal government and experience working in a political environment.
- A current driver's licence.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion and the principles of gender equality.
Our Council recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians.
We have zero tolerance for child abuse and adhere to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislation. Our people are required to observe child safe requirements and support the safety, participation, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
We offer flexible work arrangements and a range of other employee benefits to support employee's work life balance.
For further information please view position description or contact Glenn Frisch on 0429 206 486.