Road Maintenance Officer (101005)
* $64,435 (Band 3) plus applicable allowances and super * Permanent full-time
The Asset Department at Hume City Council are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the Road Maintenance team.
To achieve the best results for the community, in a safe and efficient manner you will:
- Maintain Council's roads and drainage infrastructure in a safe, clean and structurally sound conditions
- Assist in the provision of road maintenance services in accordance with the Hume Road Management Plan
- Perform preventative maintenance on Council's plant and equipment by conducting daily pre and post shift checks by carrying out and running repairs where required
- Efficient and competent operation of plant and equipment and effective maintenance procedures
- Achieve safety, quality standards and service levels of road maintenance
This person will be self-motivated, be able to adapt to work requirements and holds a current HR drivers licence.
- High Level understanding of Road Management Act 2004
- Ability to use a computer - including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Knowledge and application of road and drainage construction and maintenance works standards
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion and the principles of gender equality.
Our Council recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians.
We have zero tolerance for child abuse and adheres to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislation. Our people are required to observe child safe requirements and support the safety, participation, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
We offer flexible work arrangements and a range of other employee benefits to support employee's work life balance.
For further information please view the attached position description or contact Geoff Bird on 0419 304 042.