Town Planner (101202)
* $75,452pa (Band 5), plus super * Full time
Hume City Council has an exciting opportunity for a Town Planner to join our busy Statutory Planning team. This position will play a central role in achieving Hume's development planning objectives. Your understanding of planning processes within Victoria and knowledge of the theory and practice of town planning are key prerequisites.
We can offer you a caseload of planning applications that very few other Councils can offer, along with excellent opportunities for professional development and growth.
Reporting to the Coordinator Statutory Planning, you will contribute positively to a friendly office culture, as well as possess a strong desire to be involved in the identification and formulation of process improvements to improve the efficiency of the Planning team and the service provided to our customers.
- The successful completion of a tertiary qualification in Town Planning or a closely related discipline.
- A knowledge of Town Planning legislation, principles, processes and policies.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and manage and organise one's own work to achieve the desired result.
- An ability to solve problems, carry out effective research and an understanding of the consequences of any planning proposal within a strategic framework.
- Local government experience is advantageous.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information, view the attached position description or contact Blake Hogarth-Angus on 0477 277 911.