Senior Landscape Architect (102412)
$99,601 pa (Band 7), plus super Full-Time, Monthly RDO
Hume City Council is seeking a Senior Landscape Architect to join the Urban and Open Space Planning Department. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced design professional to contribute to Council's vision of creating high quality, sustainable and engaging open spaces.
The Senior Landscape Architect will work across a diverse range of projects, from large scale master planning, walking and cycling networks, open space design and community-based landscape projects, playing a key role in shaping Hume's open spaces and places.
The successful applicant will work collaboratively across the organisation, and with other key stakeholders and the community, to provide high quality and practical design and project management services.
The successful candidate will display exceptional skills in the design and documentation of complex landscape projects, including project planning and scoping, creative and enduring design solutions, budgeting and time management.
- Design and document innovative and sustainable landscape architectural solutions for open spaces in Hume City, from neighbourhood to regional parks, to deliver as part of a program of capital works
- Transition urban design and landscape architecture principles from a planning phase into implementation phase
- Provide high level landscape architectural advice to other departments of Council on proposed open space developments including sports and leisure and conservation areas
- Inform Council of new and emerging trends in landscape design and develop proposals for Council to consider in keeping Hume City relevant and competitive as a place to visit, invest, learn, work and recreate
- Educate and advocate for high standards of landscape architecture throughout the City, to other agencies in Hume City and the broader community
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information, view the attached position description or contact Greg McLaren on 9205 2402.