Senior Strategic Planner (101251)
- Lead strategic planning policy development in a progressive strategic planning team
- Secure long term position in a collaborative and supportive organisation.
- Salary range from $99,601 to $110,360 full time with an RDO
Hume City Council is after a dynamic strategic thinker to lead the development and writing of new strategic planning policy and add value to a variety of projects to improve the lives of our community.
With diversity to keep even the most experienced planners interested, you will have the opportunity to work on:
- A mix of policy development, development approvals and planning scheme amendments in urban renewal areas, growth areas and rural areas
- Shaping the future of metropolitan and local activity centres, State significant employment areas, new neighbourhoods and established suburbs
- Projects that require long term vision and passion for change one minute and require immediate action the next
- Inputting to place making, urban design, transport planning and major infrastructure projects
- Collaboration and negotiation with State Government agencies and developers, and engagement with the community
You will be supported by experienced leaders and an organisation which prioritises life long learning and building capacity in its staff.
We are currently working from home but our Broadmeadows office is located just 25 minutes from the CBD and right opposite Broadmeadows Train Station. We offer convenient car parking and incentives for green travel, including Myki Commuter Club and interest free loans for bikes.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people.
Hume City is one of Australia's fastest-growing communities and with more people choosing to call Hume home, we're expected to welcome more than 57,000 new residents to our City over the next decade.
What We Offer
With our high level of employee engagement, Hume City Council offers a great working environment where you can develop your career. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, such as study assistance and interest free loans for public transport. Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs.
For further information, view the attached position description or contact Andrew Johnson on 0436 629 123.
To apply upload your CV with a covering letter telling us why you want this great job.