Manager Waste and Resource Recovery
* Full Time * $185,000 pa, including super and vehicle allowance
Community and industry leadership role
Outstanding Council and organisation
Hume City Council serves a vibrant, diverse and growing population of more than 200,000 residents. It is a high energy growth corridor, home to Melbourne Airport and many internationally renowned companies.
Reporting to the Director Sustainable Infrastructure and Services, the role is responsible for a range of services including developing and implementing waste and resource recovery policy, waste, recycling and litter services, and street cleansing. As the Manager Waste and Resource Recovery, you will be responsible for managing and inspiring a positive, inclusive culture that values and develops people, promotes high performance and is customer-focused.
In order to be successful in this role;
- You will have experience in developing and implementing policies, strategies and plans relating to the delivery of operational services to achieve desired social, environmental and financial outcomes.
- You will have substantial experience in a waste and/or operations environment.
- You will have experience in multi-agency joint procurement processes.
- The ability to drive improvements to service delivery and environmental performance.
- You will have the drive, commitment, energy and enthusiasm to continuously improve performance to achieve services that are customer focused, environmentally sustainable and safe.
- You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will have the skills and experience to lead large teams of diverse people and create high energy work environments.
- An appropriate qualification in engineering, science, or business.
For further information regarding the position, contact Peter Waite, Director Sustainable Infrastructure and Services on (03) 9205 2401.